Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Joy of Awesome Knitters' Stuff

It is becoming winter on the mountain and as I get excited about skiing for a full season (and working at the resort) I also really relish diving into my knitting projects. I have discovered a yarn I can only find in one shop: Angelika's in downtown Portland http://www.yarn-store.com (my LYS and the store where I learned to knit!) It is a gorgeous yummy sock yarn that is truly unique in its brilliant color and high end quality:

http://www.yarn-store.com/done-roving-frolicking-feet-sock-yarn.html

I have made several scarves out of the dizzying array of glorious colors - and that is what I like most about them, the richness of the colors, the squishiness of the yarn and the fat yardage (well over 400 yds).

Here is my friend Anna, wearing a scarf made of the beautiful "Pot O Gold" colorway. The colorways are brilliant and intense, and the creative mix of colors in a single skein is mind boggling. I gave this to Anna a year ago & she said she gets tons of compliments. Also, the super soft merino is completely itch free. If you love super drenched color, there is no better yarn that I have found. Oh, and it's made right here in the ol USA!

As far as needles go, I am loyal to the ones I started with: the shiny, slick Knitter's Pride:


they are affordable and for someone like me with limited vision, I can see the yarn really well on the reflective surface...the joins are really good, and I only buy this brand.

Because I knit so many hours in a row, my hands get dry from all the fiber: this is the best lotion I have found: it smells delish and feels luxurious on the skin...such a treat all the way from New Zealand! I actually use it on my whole body...


Gosh, I can't wait to start my projects for fall...

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment